Senior QA Engineer
San Francisco, CA
The Senior QA Engineer acts as a liaison between the product team and data engineering teams involved in planning, conducting, and execution of test strategies, scenarios, and cases in the building and delivery of a transactions data store (TDS).
The Senior QA Engineer supports multiple business units on building and improving the data infrastructure around loans and deposits transactional data.
The Senior QA Engineer builds automated test scripts to support integration and regression testing of batch, real-time, and APIs that ensure business teams receive the correct data sets for third party applications, vendor systems, analytics, and internal and external reporting.
- Design and develop unit, functional, integration, regression, and performance tests using industry standard tools.
- Design end to end test scenarios to ensure high quality data to support reporting, analytics, third party vendor applications and downstream systems use cases.
- Development and execution of test plans and test cases to support batch, near-real time and real time data ingesting, transformation and downstream users and applications consumption.
- Responsible for testing dimensional data on a Snowflake database platform, events data on Kafka platform, and REST APIs.
- Identify areas for automation and write automated tests to ensure repeatability, coverage, and reliability and catching regressions.
- Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and participate in design and specification reviews.
- Own features through inception, iterative development feedback, implementation, and launch.
- Support defect/issue resolution and retesting based on change control.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
Nice To Haves
- 5+ experience working as a QA Engineer
- 5+ years of experience in automated testing of data warehouses/data marts and reporting repositories.
- Proven experience in reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Experience creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases for functional and non-functional testing.
- Experience with tracking defect management processes and prioritizing bugs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to organize testing responsibilities.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with black box and white box testing with understanding of/experience with SQA methodologies, techniques, and approaches.
- Familiarity with bug reporting systems such as Jira.
- Experience with automation scripts using tools such as Selenium and Cucumber.
- Extensive experience working with SQL Server, Oracle, and Snowflake databases.
- Good understanding of web technologies including HTML, CSS, XML, JSON and REST APIs.
- Good understanding of modern front-end frameworks such as React, Angular.
- Experience with GitLab and continuous integration build system such as Jenkins.